|Institutional Advisory Council Services and Benefits
The ABA Institutional Advisory Council (IAC) was formed to give burn center hospitals a more prominent role within the ABA and to strengthen their impact on reimbursement and other government and private-sector policies affecting burn centers. The IAC replaces the National Coalition of Burn Center Hospitals (NCBCH), created in 1984 to address reimbursement issues facing hospitals with burn centers. The services and benefits provided by the IAC, offered at an annual rate of $4250, have been designed to meet the unique needs of burn centers. They include:
- Effective private and public-sector advocacy on behalf of burn centers with Congress, key agencies such as CMS, and private payer organizations. Advocacy for appropriate payment for burn center physician services, through the ABA’s seat on the AMA Relative Value Update Committee and through participation in the CPT update and review process.
- A formal voice within the ABA through designated representatives on key ABA committees, to ensure that the burn center perspective on important issues is heard.
- A special educational forum at the ABA Annual Meeting, and publications of practical day-to-day use by burn center directors and administrators, such as the ABA Coding and Reimbursement Primer.
- Complimentary registrations to the ABA Annual Meeting for up
to 2 non-clinical, administrative personnel from your
- 2 complimentary registrations to the annual ABA Leadership
Conference in Washington, DC.
- A 10% discount off of the regular registration fees for institutional member staff attending Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) courses at your facility.
- A 20% discount off the regular fee for an exhibition booth
at the ABA Annual Meeting (e.g., for staff recruitment
- A 20% discount off the regular fee for posting open staff
positions on the ABA website.
- Five complimentary sets of copies of the Course Syllabi from
the Educational Symposium and Post-Graduate Courses at each
year’s ABA Annual Meeting, which can be used for staff education
at your institution.