|Institutional Advisory Council Services and Benefits
Click here for an IAC application form.
The ABA Institutional Advisory Council (IAC) was formed to give burn center hospitals a more prominent role within the ABA and to strengthen their impact on reimbursement and other government and private-sector policies affecting burn centers. The new IAC replaces the National Coalition of Burn Center Hospitals (NCBCH), created in 1984 to address reimbursement issues facing hospitals with burn centers. In absorbing the NCBCH mission, the ABA has expanded the package of services and benefits for hospitals with burn centers. These services and benefits, which have been designed to meet the unique needs of burn centers, include the following:
- Effective private and public-sector advocacy on behalf of burn centers with Congress, key agencies such as HCFA, and private payer organizations. Advocacy for appropriate payment for burn center physician services, through the ABA’s newly won seat on the AMA Relative Value Update Committee and through participation in the CPT update and review process.
- A formal voice within the ABA through designated representatives on key ABA committees, to ensure that the burn center perspective on important issues is heard.
- A special educational forum at the ABA Annual Meeting, the IAC Advisory newsletter, and publications of practical day-to-day use by burn center directors and administrators, such as the ABA Coding and Reimbursement Primer.
- Complimentary registrations to the ABA Annual Meeting for up to 2 non-clinical, administrative personnel from your institution. (Approximate value: $850)
- 2 complimentary registrations to the annual ABA Leadership Conference in Washington, DC. (Approximate value: $500)
- A 10% discount off of the regular registration fees for institutional member staff attending Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) courses at your facility.
- A link to your burn center website from the public access section of the ABA website.
- A 20% discount off the regular fee for an exhibition booth at the ABA Annual Meeting (e.g., for staff recruitment purposes). (Approximate value: $400)
- A 20% discount off the regular fee for posting open staff positions on the ABA website. (Approximate value: $110)