Contest Details/Poster Themes Posters may address scalds, any single burn or fire prevention problem, a specific population, or multiple etiologies. Posters will be evaluated according to the following criteria: originality of the idea, creativity, quality of the verbal and graphic message, the immediate clarity and positive tone of the message the poster conveys, as well as composition, and other elements of design.
Please read this page carefully and completely before you start your poster!
- If the poster does not meet all the judging criteria, the poster will not be judged or displayed.
- The poster must relate to burn or fire prevention.
- Total poster size will be 18 X 24 inches and laminated (No FOAM backing).
- Posters will not be copyrighted.
- All posters must be original work. It is the responsibility of the entrant to adhere to all copyright laws.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain and retain written photo consent from each person depicted in the poster and to forward the original of said consent to the ABA Central Office and a copy to the poster chair.
- If the content (both verbal and graphic) of the poster portrays any illegal activity, it will be automatically disqualified.
- If an institutional logo is included, the logo or other acknowledgements should be placed in the lower left hand corner of the poster. Printing should not exceed 18 point type, and should be confined to a 2 x 4 inch space. Names of institutions and/or organizations should not appear in poster text.
- Any person, institution, organization or poster that does not comply with the poster rules and requirements will be disqualified on submission and will not be eligible for display.
- One version of the poster and poster abstract form in PowerPoint format must be emailed to the Poster Contest Chair, and received no later than February 1, 2018. Submit a poster.
- Posters are to be taken to the Burn Prevention Booth by 2:00 pm, Tuesday, April 10, 2018 and taken down by 1:45 pm, Thursday, April 12, 2018. If the posters are not picked up by the designated time, we are not responsible for their return.
- Posters will be displayed at the ABA Prevention Booth at the 2018 Annual Meeting. Posters will be judged by members of the ABA Burn Prevention Committee with ribbons placed on the three winning posters.