As a service to burn care professionals, we are pleased to offer “Job Placement” postings on the ABA website.
August 2020 Postings
AVITA Medical is a publicly listed, global regenerative medicine company that provides a novel approach to skin regeneration. Our products provide innovative treatment solutions derived from the regenerative properties of a patient’s own skin. AVITA’s proprietary technology has evidence for additional skin applications beyond treating burns, such as chronic and traumatic wounds, scar revision, and vitiligo. Please visit our website for the latest information.
PRN RN position to provide education, dressing change and operating room support related to use of RECELL® Autologous Harvesting system and Spray-On™ Skin cells.
In this PRN travel RN role, you will work in burn centers in collaboration with burn surgeons, burn nurses, and sales team to coordinate and support RECELL patient care.
Travel: Travel will be to see patients, support our sales team, and training our customers as needed. Overnight Travel may be required.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse with current RN license and experience working within a burn center. Two or more years burn experience preferred.
Preferred Availability: Although assignments are not guaranteed, prefer person who has 2-3 days/week available for potential assignments. Works well for the person who has a set 3-4 day current work schedule or who works part-time. $400 to $500 per day.
Looking for persons who currently reside in the following areas:
- San Antonio
- Los Angeles
July 2020 Postings
Burn Surgeon: High-Income Potential | Join The Largest Network Of Burn Centers In The Nation
A nationally recognized burn program seeks a board-certified plastic surgeon with training and experience in burn surgery to join its team. This position is an opportunity for excellent income potential, career growth, and a focus on burn surgery with state-of-the-art resources and support for both the program and the care provided to patients.
- Part of the largest network of burn centers in the U.S.
- Robust referral network
- See a variety of cases—60% burn, 40% reconstructive
- Burn Center serves burn, wound, and extremity injury patients throughout the Southeastern United States
Salary of $400,000+ with the ability to earn bonus
Our welcoming town truly exemplifies Southern hospitality. Rich in history, tradition, and philanthropy, our community offers exciting opportunities and wonderful quality of life.
- A low cost of living and the option to live in the highly desirable suburbs of a major city
- An abundance of big-city amenities, including a variety of unique museums and attractions, top-notch restaurants, local events and festivals, and entertainment options
- Convenient access to a local international airport
- Consistent warm weather year-round
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Joe Hawe at email@example.com or at 866-826-1217 and reference BS-123369
The Department of Surgery/Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Stanford University School of Medicine is recruiting an academic plastic surgeon to join our team in the next 12 to 24 months. This faculty position will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level and based 100% at Stanford University in the Medical Center Line (MCL). A portion of the clinical activities may take place at Stanford-affiliated institutions.
The major criteria for appointment for faculty in the MCL shall be excellence in the overall mix of clinical care, teaching, and scholarly activity that advances clinical medicine, and institutional service appropriate to the programmatic need the individual is expected to fulfill.
Candidates must be Board-eligible/certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery, have an MD or MD/PhD, and ideally have completed a burn/critical care fellowship. The successful candidate will have substantial research activity, or a strong likelihood to be a successful researcher, yet will maintain an active practice in burn/critical care and general plastic surgery. Candidates with research interests in clinical outcomes, health services-related, basic and translational, or skin and bone regeneration would fit well with opportunities at Stanford University Medical Center.
The activities of the Division are diverse and include adult and pediatric reconstructive surgery, an active research program with significant extramural funding, and a robust residency program. The breadth of the Division’s clinical and research programs, its participation in Stanford’s multidisciplinary cancer center, and the continued growth of its microsurgery program offer the successful candidate unique opportunities to contribute to our success.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae, a brief letter outlining their interests and the names of three references via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/63453
Clinical Nurse Director – Burn Treatment Center
Full-time, Day Shift
Crozer-Chester Medical Center – Chester, PA
Manage the nursing department within our Burn Treatment Center in order to ensure the highest quality of patient care in an economically sound and efficient manner while maintaining an environment conducive to staff growth and satisfaction.
- Assume responsibility on a 24-hour basis for the care delivery of the nursing department
- Establish standards of nursing service
- Participate in quality monitoring and improvement activities
- Develop and implement unit budget
- Identify and follow up on problems within the department
- Hire and evaluate personnel for the department
- Ensure adequate scheduling of personnel to meet patient care needs
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of relevant clinical experience
- Management experience preferred
We offer our employees:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous benefits including paid vacation & holiday, health, dental, life insurance, prescription and tuition reimbursement
- Conveniently located in suburbs of Philadelphia with no city wage tax
- Consistently high employee satisfaction scores
- State-of-the-art facilities and latest technology
To apply online, click here: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/ckhs/#/job/21892
Crozer-Chester Medical Center, a member of the Crozer Keystone Health System, the largest employer in Delaware County, is a 300-bed tertiary-care teaching hospital located on a 68-acre campus. Today, the medical center admits more than 19,000 patients, treats approximately 53,000 Emergency Department patients and delivers about 1,700 babies a year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Burn Program Coordinator is fundamental to the development, implementation and evaluation of the care of burn patients, burn education, the burn program, and ensures compliance with the American Burn Association Guidelines for verification and designation of Burn Centers. The Burn Program Coordinator collaborates with the Burn Medical Director, Burn Unit Nurse Manager, Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Program Manager, and multidisciplinary burn team members in performance improvement and verification activities for the American Burn Association site reviews. This person regularly attends and participates in local, regional and national educational meetings addressing burn care and promoting HCMC burn program services. This position coordinates Advanced Burn Life Support classes on a regular basis, and assists with providing outreach education to the community in strategic partnership with HCMC’s Burn team.
- Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in an acute clinical care area
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following:
- Burn, trauma, critical care, or emergency department setting
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following:
- Performance improvement, program planning or administration
- Master’s Degree in nursing or related healthcare field
- Acute clinical care experience in a verified Burn Center
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure by the State of Minnesota Board of Nursing
- ABLS certified and ABLS Instructor certified – or obtained within one year of hire as a condition of continued employment
To view the full job description and submit an online application select visit hcmc.org and select Careers, or select the following link https://hcmc.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=201127&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
Practice along the Spectacular Northern Colorado Front Range with Top 5 Large Health System. At the end of the day, this is where you want to be!
BANNER HEALTH, one of the country’s premier, nonprofit health care networks and BANNER MEDICAL GROUP (BMG), Banner Health’s employed physician group, with more than 1,500 physicians and advance practice providers, is seeking a BC/BE Fellowship Trained Burn Surgeon to join us at Western States Burn Center at North Colorado Medical Center (NCMC) in Greeley, CO.
- BE/BC in Surgical Critical Care
- Burn Surgery training/experience required for call
- Basic Reconstructive Surgery
- Opportunity for clinical research and teaching
Western States Burn Center at NCMC provides the most sophisticated treatment and technology currently available for treatment of burn injuries. The center focuses on the care of adult burn patients and limited pediatric patients and provides care to an eight-state region including Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North and South Dakota and Wyoming. Our multidisciplinary team gives total care and offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient services including:
- Inpatient management of complex thermal, chemical, and electrical burn injuries as well as TENS and necrotizing fasciitis
- Outpatient management of thermal, chemical, and electrical burn injuries
- Outpatient management and consultation of complex wounds (non-burn)
- Outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation
- Emergent tele-burn consultations with referral facilities/physicians, and corporate clients
- Telemedicine with referral facilities/physicians, and corporate clients
- Advanced Burn Life Support course
Northern Colorado is one of the best places to live and work in the entire nation. Enjoy spectacular views along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, great weather (over 300 days of pure Colorado sunshine a year), endless recreational activities, and more. Banner Health has multiple clinics and three hospitals in this region.
Join the Banner Health Team, where you’ll have the time to connect with your patients, your practice, your family and the great outdoors! We offer dedication to work/life balance unmatched in our industry. Meaning you get to spend more time doing what you love. That’s HEALTH CARE made easier, LIFE made better!
- Attractive salary
- Paid malpractice plus tail coverage
- Paid CME
- 401K matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
SUBMIT YOUR CV TODAY VIA OUR CANDIDATE PORTAL, AT: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com/s/job-board?id=a3l3u00000159ag For questions, please call Dawn Curry, Sourcing Strategist, at: (970) 810-6096. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
April 2020 Postings
Burn & Reconstructive Centers of America, LLC, is the nation’s largest network of burn centers, with 15 facilities in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas, including our flagship facility: the JMS Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, GA, the largest burn center in America. Collectively, BRCA facilities have 316 beds and account for more than 11,900 patient admissions and 89,715 outpatient visits annually. BRCA surgeons treat patients of all ages for a wide range of injuries, including thermal, chemical and electrical burns, skin and soft tissue disorders, hand injuries and complex wounds. Surgeons also regularly participate in clinical and community education.
BRCA seeks a dedicated surgeon to join our staff at our Mississippi location and treat adult and pediatric patients for thermal, chemical and electrical burns, skin and soft tissue disorders, extremity injuries and complex hand injuries. Duties include inpatient and outpatient care, surgery, research, and assistance with development/education activities of the burn centers. Our surgeons have opportunities to experience hand surgery, microvascular construction, plastic surgery, advanced wound care and other treatments.
The JMS Burn and Reconstructive Center at Merit Health Central serves burn, wound and extremity injury patients from Mississippi and surrounding states. Located in Jackson, MS, the burn center has 36 inpatient beds and sees 1,414 admissions and 7,800 outpatient visits annually.
- Experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery and hand surgery, with an interest in burn and microvascular surgery.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery.
BRCA offers competitive compensation, benefits and professional coverage packages. Interested applicants should forward CV and references to MDInfo@burncenters.com.
For more information about BRCA, please visit burncenters.com.
Salary Range: $3,562.50 – $8,441.67 Bi-Weekly
Final Filing Date: 05/05/2020
This position is responsible for facilitating regular burn support group meetings with burn survivors, burn prevention efforts, and local / regional burn education in community outreach programs. Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) classes will be coordinated by the Burn Outreach Coordinator on a regular basis. This position works with organizations locally, regionally, or nationally to advocate for burn related health care and support issues, regularly participates in regional education related to burn care, participates regularly in community burn outreach programs, participates in hospital based, local, regional, and national level disaster planning / emergency preparedness activities.
- Minimum 5 years of recent consecutive years of direct clinical experience in the critical care burn patient population.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a current California RN license.
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Instructor within first year
- CPR/BLS Certification.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=180588
Job ID # 7376
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
March 2020 Postings
Your Tomorrow is Here!
Temple University Hospital is a nationally respected teaching hospital on Temple University’s bustling Health Sciences Center campus. The hospital provides a comprehensive array of healthcare services both basic and complex to patients from around the corner, across the country and around the world. As the chief clinical training site for the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, the hospital provides a dynamic environment for high-quality care, teaching, and cutting edge research.
In this key role, the Nurse Manager directs the nursing care provided to patients on the BICU nursing unit, maintains standards of service excellence and nursing practice, develops evidenced based policies, procedures, and work processes to ensure provision of quality patient care. Responsible for staffing, budget, control of expenses, continuing development and education of staff, performance improvement, and human resource management. Supervises, evaluates, guides and counsels nursing staff in their work performance. National certification in Nursing or Healthcare related speciality preferred.
- Bachelors Degree: Nursing (Required)
- Other: Graduate of accredited school of nursing (Required)
- Masters Degree: Nursing or Healthcare related field (Preferred)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 Years experience as a RN in a clinical specialty area (Required)
- 1 Year experience in a clinical leadership role (Preferred)
- BLS – Basic Life Support (Required)
- RN-LIC – PA Registered Nurse License (Required)
Staff Nurse Positions Also Available!
For consideration, email Kathleen.Welsh2@tuhs.temple.edu.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Burn and Wound Resource Registered Nurse (RN) in Portland. The Burn/Wound Resource Nurse position includes clinical and educational responsibilities for both burn and wound care, in addition to being an integral part of the Burn Program leadership team. This position works primarily with the burn and soft tissue service, which manages burn injuries and complex wounds.
Maine Medical Center is a 600 bed tertiary care hospital located in Portland Maine. MMC is a leader in trauma and burn care, being the only level 1 Trauma center in the state. MMC serves as the Burn Center for Maine, treating patients from Maine and New Hampshire. MMC is in the process of preparing for Burn Center verification. In addition to excellence in trauma and burn care, MMC is a three time recognized Magnet hospital.
- Advanced training and education in the specialty of Burn care. Proficient in burn nursing practice domains as outlined by the ABA Nursing Specialty group.
- Attained wound nurse certification (CWCN) by Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing organization.
- Experience with the support for Burn Center Verification/Accreditation is preferred.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
February 2020 Postings
The Department of Surgery at The University of North Carolina is seeking applications for a full-time academic burn surgeon to join our Division of Burn Surgery. The Division of Burn Surgery is among 9 clinical Divisions in the Department of Surgery. The Division currently includes four faculty members who provide a broad array of services in order to provide the highest quality care for patients with severe burn injuries and related conditions. Academic appointment is commensurate with candidate’s experience.
Prospective candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery with substantial burn experience with burn fellowship training preferred. In addition, being Board Certified/Board Eligible in Surgical Critical Care is considered a strength. Chosen candidates must either have a current North Carolina Medical License or be eligible for application.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal applicant will have a focused and demonstrated interest in burn surgery and managing critically ill burn patients. Applicants with research experience in any aspect of burn injury, clinical outcomes and quality, health sciences research or basic science/translational research are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Please submit an online application for Vacancy ID: FAC0003076.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
January 2020 Postings
Part of VCU Health System, the OT Acute Care department at VCU Medical Center North Hospital is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to join the team. You will conduct evaluations on referred patients; plan and implement a comprehensive treatment program that includes discharge planning, patient/family education and recommendations for follow-up or continued care; and provide clinical instruction to OT and OTA students as needed, as well as training and education to department and hospital staff.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Occupational Therapy program; Master’s or Doctorate preferred
- OT licensure or eligibility in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current CPR certification
- At least one year of recent experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Experience with physical and psycho-social evaluations and interventions preferred
- Level 1 Trauma Center experience working with Burn Unit patients is required
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members. . .all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits, including competitive pay, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much more.
Salary Range: $68.67-$90.62 Hourly
Final Filling Date: 2/29/2020
Under the supervision of the Burn Division Chief, this position provides inpatient and outpatient care to Burn Surgery patients and their families, functions as a resource person for health care providers, and participates in Department of Surgery’s teaching program. The role of the Burn Nurse Practitioner is to perform patient evaluations, physical examinations, follow-up exams and obtaining and documenting patient histories. The incumbent will also be responsible for the management of acute care conditions that may arise from burn injuries, and the management of long-term health care issues that may result from burn injuries. The incumbent will provide care education to the patient and their family members or caregivers.
- At least 1 year experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- At least 1 year experience in the care of burn patients
- Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner license
- Furnishing license
- DEA within 3 months of hire
- Graduation with a Master’s degree, DNP, or PhD in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
- National NP Certification
- Current BLS and CPR
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing
- Commitment to excellence in patient care
To view the full job description and submit an online application, visit UC Davis Career Opportunities here.
Job ID #2683
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The John S. Dunn Burn Center
The John S. Dunn Burn Center is the only comprehensive burn center in Houston and is verified by the American Burn Association (ABA). The Center cares for 450+ patients per year and includes all types of burn injury, inhalation injury, and various skin disorders including Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal nercolysis. The burn team provides the entire continuum of care, including critical care, acute inpatient care, burn reconstruction and scar management, and rehabilitation. The Center is a collaborative effort between Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center (TMC) and McGovern Medical School Division of Acute Care Surgery.
The Burn Medical Director and Chief of Burn Surgery will be employed by the Division of Acute Care Surgery in the Department of Surgery at McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. The Chief will lead a multi-disciplinary team that includes intensivists (surgeons and anesthesiologists), plastic and reconstructive surgeons, burn surgeons, advanced practice providers, nurses, and trainees. The Chief will have the opportunity to capitalize on the robust infrastructure available for translational and clinical research, and to lead the section in innovative and practice-changing research.
The ideal candidate will be focused on:
- Providing high-quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care to burn patients;
- Fostering an organizational culture of teamwork in the burn center;
- Educating fellows, residents, students, frontline providers (i.e., emergency medical technicians), and the community of the principles of burn resuscitation and care;
- Participating in the educational efforts of the department and the school in terms of attendance and presentations at appropriate conferences such as Surgery Grand Rounds and Morbidity and Mortality Conference;
- Building on the robust research infrastructure to grow the burn research program to inform patient-centered care and to ensure continued innovation and learning;
- Championing efforts in the community centered on burn prevention;
- Developing a regional and national brand as experts and leaders in burn care.
Potential applicants must apply from UTHealth’s career webpage at www.jobs.uth.edu.
UTHealth is an EEO/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet
Our Lady of Lourdes in Lafayette, LA is currently seeking experienced nurses to join our Burn Center! We are the only accredited burn center in the Acadiana region!
At Our Lady of Lourdes, we offer you much more than a job in the healthcare industry. We offer career opportunities for people who have a calling to share their gifts and talents as part of our healing ministry. In addition to competitive salaries and generous benefits, we offer you something special—the chance to do God’s work by helping to serve people in need throughout our community. As part of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System (FMOLHS), we are a community of over 14,000 employees. This makes us one of the largest locally owned, not-for-profit health systems in Louisiana.
The Registered Nurse provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, incorporating differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education. Relies on education and training to complete responsibilities within scope of licensure as registered nurse.
- Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data.
- Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning. Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ethical/spiritual needs.
- Participates in the planning of routine transitional health care needs (i.e. treatment options patient placement options, end of life options).
- Responds to changes in patient’s needs and provides holistic care using independent clinical judgement based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content. Integrates education during the delivery of patient care. Collaborates with patients/families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict. Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in the plan of care.
- Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards. Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
One-year acute care experience and/or one-year PCU or ICU experience preferred; burn experience is recommend
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
PALS, ACLS, ABLS all required within first year of employment
Proficient in the English language, verbal and written communication skills, computer skills
Current Louisiana State Licensure as RN required; BLS required upon hire
Benefits of Joining our Team
- Essential of Critical Care Course offered during first year of employment
- Continuing Education in Burns
- RN Clinical Ladder Program
- Competitive Pay
- Affordable Benefits for all Part-Time or Full-Time Team Members
- Shift Differentials ($4.oo for Evenings, $5.00 for Nights, and $4.00 for Weekends)
- PTO for all Part-Time or Full-Time Team Members
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Access Perks
- Great Employee Engagement Scores
For more information about joining our team, please visit our website at www.lourdesrmc.com/careers or contact the recruiter today at (337) 470-2838!