Posters for the 2022 Annual Meeting will be submitted digitally only. No physical copy will need to be presented at the meeting. All posters will be shown digitally on the virtual platform.
If you are chosen as a winner, you will be required to submit a version of your poster without institutional logos that will be made available to the public to use during National Burn Awareness Week.
Posters will be evaluated according to the following criteria: originality of the idea, creativity, quality of the verbal and graphic message, the immediate clarity and positive tone of the message the poster conveys, as well as composition, and other elements of design.
Please read this page carefully and completely before you start your poster!
- If the poster does not meet all the judging criteria, the poster will not be judged or displayed.
- The poster must relate to burn or fire prevention, specific to Scald Prevention.
- The total poster size will be 18 X 24 inches, in digital format.
- Submitted posters will not be copyrighted.
- All posters must be original work. It is the responsibility of the entrant to adhere to all copyright laws.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain and retain written photo consent from each person depicted in the poster and to forward the original of said consent to the ABA Central Office.
- If the content (both verbal and graphic) of the poster portrays any illegal activity, it will be automatically disqualified.
- If an institutional logo is included, the logo or other acknowledgments should be placed in the lower left-hand corner of the poster. Printing should not exceed 18 point type and should be confined to a 2 x 4-inch space. Names of institutions and/or organizations should not appear in poster text.
- Any person, institution, organization, or poster that does not comply with the poster rules and requirements will be disqualified on submission and will not be eligible for display.
- The poster should be received no later than Monday, March 14, 2022.
The ABA Burn Prevention Poster Contest is open to the public. No current membership is required.
2022 Annual Meeting Poster Theme
Posters will be used for the 2023 National Burn Awareness Week.