Explore our available Aftercare and Reintegration Sessions for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Explain ways to enhance elderly QOL by recent advances in pain management and frailty assessments.
- Explain physical and occupational therapy considerations in the elderly patient.
- Discuss ways to optimize psychological support and spiritual needs of the elderly patient.
- Discuss the benefits of early palliative care consultation, and how to best utilize this service for the elderly patient.
- Identify community partners to assist with needs of burn centers and their patients and community.
- Recognize opportunities for collaboration and partnerships to assist with better long-term burn patient outcomes and prevention of burn injuries.
- Describe strategies to engage with burn patients and families and build relationships early to assist with individualized aftercare planning.
- Discuss potential challenges and needs families of burn survivors may experience during the burn survivor’s hospitalization and after discharge and identify mechanisms to include them in patient-entered aftercare planning.
- Examine current practice and integrate motivational interviewing strategies to develop compassionate understanding of patient and family experiences, assess strengths and abilities, and identify aftercare support needs.
- Describe ways fundraising efforts were impacted by COVID-19
- Examine how some organizations were able to financially survive COVID-19 and continue fundraising efforts.
- Determine ways that their organization can financially recover after COVID-19
- Define succession planning.
- Explain the importance of succession planning.
- Describe ways that an organization can begin the succession planning process.
- Describe current evidence and gaps in evidence regarding possible/probable long-term chronic conditions of burn survivors through existing research and burn survivor reported cases.
- Formulate a long-term discharge plan to include information on chronic conditions that are prevalent post-discharge to patient, family members, Primary Care Physicians and other Multi-Disciplinary Care Team stakeholders.
- Examine future research needs on chronic conditions.
- Recognize common conditions through collaboration with burn survivors and other post-discharge care team members to form an optimal life-long personalized plan of care.
- Design effective documentation in a burn center based laser scar revision practice.
- Discuss intraoperative and postoperative pain associated with laser scar revision.
- List various laser and light technologies and their unique benefits.
- Define important safety considerations in the use of laser and light technologies.