The Institutional Advisory Council (IAC) began as the National Coalition of Burn Center Hospitals (NCBCH) and has evolved to be an integral component of the ABA committee structure.
The IAC is comprised of burn centers which are as institutional members of the ABA. With the support of the IAC the ABA has engaged in:
- Effective private and public-sector advocacy with Congress, key agencies such as CMS, and private payer organizations.
- Effective advocacy to counteract potential cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, eliminate annual and lifetime limits on insurance, eliminate the 24-month waiting period for Medicare eligibility for disabling burn injuries and DRG changes that impacted burn care procedures.
- Representation for burn surgeons on the AMA Relative Value Update Committee and through participation in the CPT update and review process.
Arizona Burn Center at Maricopa Medical Center
Torrance Memorial Medical Center – Burn Center
Southern California Regional Burn Center at LAC & USC Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA
UCI Regional Burn Center
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Northern California
UC Davis Regional Burn Center
UC San Diego Regional Burn Center
San Diego, CA
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Regional Burn Center
San Jose, CA
Community Regional Leon S. Peters Burn Center
2823 Fresno St
Fresno CA 93721-1324
The Burn Center at Washington Medstar Hospital Center
UF Health Burn Center at the University of Florida, Shands
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Burn Center
Tampa General Hospital Regional Burn Center
Blake Medical Center
2020 59th St W
Bradenton FL 34209-4604
Eskenazi Health Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5189
St. Joseph’s Burn Center
Mercy Hospital St. Louis
St. Louis, MO
Mercy Hospital Springfield
George David Peak Memorial Burn & Wound Center
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Burn Center
Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Cincinnati
University of Cincinnati Medical CenterUC Healthcare
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Miami Valley Hospital Regional Adult Burn Center
Lehigh Valley Hospital Burn Center
St. Christopher’s Medical – Stuart J. Hulnick Burn Center
The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Burn Center
The Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center
Crozer Chester Medical Center
Firefighters Regional Burn Center
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Regional Burn Center
Shriners Hospitals for Children
University of Washington Regional Burn Center
Harborview Medical Center
Membership in the IAC provides burn centers:
- A formal voice within the ABA through designated representatives on key ABA committees, to ensure that the burn center perspective on important issues is heard.
- A special educational forum at the ABA Annual Meeting.
- Direct access to participate in the ABA’s National Leadership Conference and present issues that are relevant to the specialty directly to legislators and congress members.