Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Burn Therapist Certified process can be found below.
- Offers professional recognition and validation for advanced specialty knowledge, skills, and experience in burn rehabilitation.
- Establishes a foundation for continuing education, professional development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Provides a focused and meaningful professional development goal based on competency standards.
- Demonstrates commitment to the practice of burn therapy and to the rehabilitation of burn survivors.
- Provides access to a network of professionals with similar interest and expertise in burn rehabilitation.
- Possess an occupational therapy or physical therapy license in good standing with the state/territory/country licensing agency.
- Graduated from a World Federation of Occupational Therapists or World Confederation for Physical Therapy recognized educational program.
- Have worked with the burn injured population for a minimum of 2 years.
- Have worked 4,000 hours in direct patient care with the burn population in the 5 years prior to application date.
- Demonstrate that you meet defined standards and objectives for at least THREE domains of burn rehabilitation practice.
- Submit a nonrefundable, $50 processing fee. You will be prompted to then complete a registration form including an employment verification form.
- The registration form will be verified by the ABA Central Office. If verified, you will be sent links to the Portfolio Application and Portfolio Payment link (a nonrefundable fee).
- You will have 8 weeks to submit the full Portfolio Application and Portfolio Payment. Be sure to reference our resources while preparing your application.
- Once submitted, the reviewers will review your Portfolio Application and you will receive a response approximately eight weeks after you submit the portfolio and the payment is received.
|Registration Process Fee||$50|
|ABA Member Price (for Portfolio)||$400|
|Non-Member Price (for Portfolio)||$800|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Valid for 5 years from certification date.
- Renewal of certification requires:
- Current license
- 2,000 hours of work experience within the last 5 years
- 50 hours of professional development activities related to burn rehabilitation within the previous 5 years