Certified burn therapists are required to renew every 5 years to maintain their BT-C designation.
BT-C certified therapists applying for recertification must meet the following criteria:
- Possess an occupational therapy or physical therapy license in good standing with the state/territory/country licensing agency.
- Graduated from a World Federation of Occupational Therapists or World Confederation for Physical Therapy recognized educational program.
- Have a current BT-C in good standing.
- Demonstrate 50 professional development activity units in burn-related activities.
- Recertification applicants must submit Professional Development Activity Forms.
Review the options for renewal activities. Select activities to demonstrate burn-related professional development activities you have completed to a MAXIMUM of 50 contact hours. Please ONLY submit 50 hours worth of activities.
Complete the associated forms with the activities. One form per activity. Each CE will need a form. Forms can be found in the right-hand sidebar.
Access your ABA member profile. Under Purchases, find the Certifications tab on the left-hand sidebar. Click the blue Manage button.
Under Certification Details, the requirements for renewal will appear for you to complete: document submission, tally form, and payment.
Your renewal will be processed, you will receive an email from the ABA to confirm recertification, and an updated certificate will be provided.