The Traveling Fellowship is awarded to board certified/board eligible surgeons who have completed a burn fellowship. The purpose of this fellowship is to provide a broader perspective to newer burn surgeons and address more in-depth practice, or treatment based on the interest of the fellow and expertise of the site director. The chosen recipients will have clearly articulated achievable goals for the project, demonstrate, a willingness to learn, and articulate plans to utilize new knowledge to improve quality patient care.
Applications Due: November 30, 2022
- Applicant must be an ABA member.
- Applicant must be board certified/board eligible surgeon in the US/Canada.
- Applicant must have completed a burn fellowship.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from the fellowship training director.
In order to complete the application form, you will need the following documentation:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation from fellowship training director
- Copy of your CV/Résumé
- Budget Expense Estimates (Airfare, Lodging, Ground Transportation, Meal)
Up to three applicants are selected annually. Each applicant will have the opportunity to spend a week at one or more ABA verified burn centers. Program participants are responsible for providing follow up documentation (summary of activities and expense report) in a timely fashion. Participants who do not comply with the terms will not receive expense reimbursements.
The ABA Traveling Fellowship Program is made possible by a generous educational grant from Integra LifeSciences.